Tiffany Gomas Breaks Silence After Viral ‘Not Real’ Passenger Incident

Dallas marketing executive Tiffany Gomas, 38, has broken her silence after her on-flight outburst went viral.

The incident occurred on July 2 on an American Airlines flight from Dallas to Orlando. Her bizarre behavior and demands to exit caused the packed plane, minutes from takeoff, to return to the gate.

The Daily Mail reported Gomas’ altercation with a relative and airline staff was followed by an expletive-filled rant, bizarre behavior, and claims that someone “not real” was in the back of the plane, forcing airline personnel to remove all passengers.

Hours later, after a thorough safety check, passengers were allowed to reboard.

In her first public statement since the incident, Gomas emphasized the weight and consequences of overnight internet notoriety, stating, “Things go viral and it changes you.”

Gomas told the Daily Mail that people should not “judge” her.

“My life has been blown up. It’s frightening. Things go viral and everything changes,” Gomas complained., adding, “No one knows anyone else’s story, and no one should judge. No one knows what it’s like.”

The incident, captured in videos by fellow passengers, depicts Gomas insisting on stopping the plane and suggesting that someone on board was “not real.” It has become a point of ridicule for the marketing executive.

She further accused a family member of stealing her AirPods, expressed concerns about the plane’s safety, and insisted on exiting the aircraft, which had already left the gate.

The resulting disruption led to the plane’s evacuation for security rescreening. It has been reported that although Gomas was issued a trespass notice following the incident, she was not arrested.

Video of the incident can be viewed HERE

Gomas’ actions on the plane have drawn extensive attention online, but the root causes behind her behavior remain unclarified.

According to The Daily Beast, Gomas acknowledged responding to the spotlight on her behavior by consulting with a legal team to discuss potential invasions of privacy issues but declined to offer specific details.

Regarding her outburst, Gomas remarked, “It’s a lot right now, I’m just dealing with a lot.”

In the aftermath of the incident, Gomas reduced her online presence, citing fear of negative repercussions on her personal and professional life. Gomas noted the incident has significantly impacted her life and her perception by the public.

RTM previously reported that security escorted Gomas off the plane and though she attempted to reenter the secure zone multiple times, she was detained but not arrested.

Original Article: